Free Ways to Build your Donor Base
In our last article, we shared some tips on launching a new website for your charity. Content is key when it comes to your site. Now, we want to share about how you can get your new content out in front of potential donors. How do you drive traffic to your site?
Facebook is your friend.
One of my personal favorite non-profits, Mission of Hope: Haiti posts pictures with brief captions every day on Facebook. Seeing their pictures in my feed reminds me to pray for the ministry, and when Christmastime comes around I always remember to support them because I’ve been reminded of their work all year.
I realize it can feel overwhelming to think about posting a picture every day. Luckily, Facebook has some tools to help you out. Facebook provides a post-scheduling option for pages. If you want, you can take a few hours at the beginning of every month and schedule out all your posts for the next 30 days.
If regular posting still sounds overwhelming, find someone who is familiar with your cause and ask them if they would be willing to help out by posting pictures and links to your website on your Facebook page.
Mailchimp is your friend too.
Mailchimp is an email marketing service that’s free to any account with an email list of under 2000 subscribers. If you’re a small charity, that’s probably you.
Your email list is a great asset. Use it to keep donors in the loop. Tell success stories, request prayer, and remind donors about opportunities for giving. Create a basic email template to match your organization’s branding, then just drop your content into the template every time you create a new email.
If you need help setting up an account or a template, let us know. We can set up your account and then hand you the reigns.
- When a logo is wrong
- Just trust me
- What is branding
- The New Logo
- Empower Your People
- Publicity and Your Brand
- What is debranding
- Ten things branding will do
- The peril of initials for a company name
- Type Tips
- An Introduction to Design
- Brought to you by the letter g
- How simple is simple
- Design is art with a purpose
- Design hurts
- Freedom in limitations
- The difficult client
- Why you need content to build trust
- Start your strategy with a question
- The CRM Circle
- The Marketing Cycle Simplified
- Can social media attract new customers
- Reaching Millennials with Instagram
- Free Ways to Build Your Donor Base
- Twitter is a business tool
- Wordpress Theme Frameworks
- What the Internet is doing to our Brains
- Web Basics
- Advice for NonProfits
- Write Welcoming Copy
- How to Write Welcoming Web Copy
- Is Web Design Dead
- Web Design Our Process
- Is content dead
- How your website can get noticed
- 4 Tips for Writing Great Web Content
- Domain Name Registrars
- How the Web works
- Domains and Web hosts